- Planning for Natural Hazards and Climate Change
- International Development Planning: Theory and Practice
- Urban Sustainability
At the University of Hawaii, I taught graduate and undergraduate courses in the Department of Urban and Regional Planning:
- Graduate Seminar in Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance
- Building Community Resilience (undergraduate)
- Comparative Planning Histories
- Research Seminar: Resilience Theory
- Disaster Recovery
I am happy to share my syllabi for any of the classes listed above. Please contact me.
At the National Disaster Preparedness Training Center, I teach the following FEMA-certified courses:
- Building Community Resilience (under development)
- Coastal Community Resilience
- Social Media for Disaster Management
Information on these classes, and how to request them in your area, is available on the NDPTC website.